PRIVACY. YOUR DATA. YOUR TRUST.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
You are at the heart of everything we do. Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence by handling your personal information with respect and putting you in control.
It’s important that you know what personal information Live Nation Philippines (known here as "we" or Live Nation") collects about you, and how we use it.
We’ve done our best to make our explanations short and easy to understand. But, if you’d like further information, or have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
If we ever make any major changes to our privacy practices, we’ll let you know. If necessary, we’ll also ask for your permission.
Our Privacy Notice has been designed with you in mind. How the notice applies to you will depend on the way in which you interact with us. For example, if you:
- Create an account, purchase a ticket to one of our events, we will use the information you provide to the ticketing agent to fulfil our obligations to you in delivering that service, and, where you’ve told us to, keep you up to date about other events that may be of interest to you; and
Your choices and rights under each scenario are explained in more detail below.
Click on each icon for more information or scroll down to read the full policy.
What Information We Have & Where We Get It
We collect and store different types of information about you when you create an account, buy tickets from our ticketing agents, attend our events, contact us, and use our websites, apps and social media.
How We Use Your Information & Why
We collect and use your information for lots of reasons such as helping you get into the shows you love, sharing news, for marketing and as otherwise required by law.
Who We Share Your Information With & Why
We share your information with Event Partner(s) – such as the ticketing agents, artist, co-promoter(s), record label or venue – as well as other third parties associated with the service provided.
Your Choices & Rights
Among other rights, you can choose whether to receive marketing from us. You also have the right to access the information we have about you.
Looking After Your Information
We’re always taking steps to make sure your information is protected and to delete it securely when we no longer need it.
If you have any questions or feedback about this notice, or how we handle your information, get in touch with us.
WHAT INFORMATION WE HAVE & WHERE WE GET IT
- If you create an account & buy from us. If you create an account, purchase a product from us (such as VIP experiences or merchandise), we will collect your contact and billing information. When you register for a presale, we collect your contact information.
- Buy tickets to our events. When you purchase tickets to one of our events, or an event for which we are a co-promoter, we will receive your information from ticket agents or e-commerce platforms used to sell tickets for our promoted and co-promoted events, or the venues we hire to put on the event. This includes your name, contact details and ticket purchase information, such as number of tickets bought and seat number(s).
- Attending one of our events. When you attend one of our events, we collect your information via our free Wifi (if you register to use it) and, if available, via cashless payment wristbands which can be used to access events and to make purchases onsite at the event.
- Fan images and CCTV. When attending one of our events at a venue or festival we collect your image and likeness whether this is through CCTV (we use signs where CCTV is used), or when videographers or photographers are running campaigns at venues or festivals. If you wish to object to this information being collected see the ‘Your Rights & Choices’ section below.
- Using our website and apps. When you use our websites or apps, we collect information such as the browser and device you're using, your IP address, your location, the site you came from, what you did and didn't use our site/app for, or the site you visit when you leave us. For more information on how we collect this information, see our Cookies Policy.
- When you attend one of our promoted shows, we operate safeguarding programs to ensure the safety of all our fans. This involves keeping records of incidents such as evictions, if someone falls ill and requires medical assistance and criminal activities.
- When you enter into competitions we run, we’ll use your information to administer your entry and contact you if you’ve been successful. If the prize is administered by a third party, we’ll let you know who they are.
- Fan experience & customer support. When you contact our Customer Services teams with a query or provide us with feedback, we record that interaction for evidentiary purposes and to provide support related to your query.
- Using social media. When you use a social media feature within our website or apps, and you post to social media platforms, the social media site will provide us with some information about you.
- Processing children’s data. In the few instances where we collect personal information from children, we always seek parental consent and will only ever collect such information for the purposes specified when we collect it.
- Geodemographic data suppliers. We use suppliers who collate geodemographic data which assists us in better personalising our services to you. If you’d prefer that we do not do this, see the ‘Your Rights & Choices’ section below.
- Contact Tracing. In order to keep you and other attendees safe, we may collect information from ticket purchasers and attendees for purposes of contact tracing related to infectious disease (such as COVID-19) to the extent allowed under applicable law. This information may include names, contact details, seat locations, along with entry and exit times.
In situations where we partner with third parties (such as testing providers or monitors) that process your information, we do not collect or store any of this information. For example, in regard to testing for infectious disease (such as COVID-19) that may pose a threat to you or other attendees, we only require proof of tests on entry and do not store the results of any tests.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION & WHY
- For the performance of our contract with you
- When you make purchases. We use your information when you enter into a contract with us (such as VIP experiences or merchandise) so we can:
- process your order;
- take payment;
- send you customer service emails, including order confirmations and event related emails;
- provide you with customer support; and
- register you for event presales.
- Event Partner(s). To share with Event Partner(s) who provide services for the event such as co-promoters, ticketing agents or venues to enable them to run the event on our behalf, allocate seating or notify you if there has been a change to the event or provide important event information.
- For our legitimate business interests
- Market research. To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services.
- Fan feedback. To contact you with satisfaction surveys, or to participate in user research (such as focus groups). We include an unsubscribe option for this kind of contact should you no longer wish to receive them.
- Where you attend our events, we sometimes take photos and sometimes post these on social media or use them in marketing campaigns. Our signage at the event will let you know, and you can always request we remove you.
- To create a profile about you to help us personalise our services to you. For example, if you have created an account with us and you purchase tickets to pop events and you have consented to our marketing, we will inform you about other pop events we think you might be interested in.
Further information about personalisation:
About your personalisation settings
We can give you more of what you want when we know you better. To make sure our messages and website are relevant to you, we create a user profile with the information we know about you and how you use our services.
How to turn off personalisation
Simply turn off “Allow personalisation” in your account settings. We’ll stop any personalisation and only use your data for essential services, such as screening for fraud or tout activity - and for any Verified Fan presales. If you do not have an account, you can contact us to turn this off.
What happens if you turn off personalisation?
We will no longer use your data to determine what you might be interested in. This means you won’t get any personal recommendations and any newsletters you’ve subscribed to will be generic (although if you’ve asked to receive alerts about specific artists or venues, you’ll still receive these).
We will still perform profiling activities where we need to do so to deliver our services to you, for example for fraud screening purposes and where you specifically request we do so such as for a Verified Fan Presale.
Is turning off personalisation the same as turning off cookies?
No, they’re separate. To control your cookies settings, you can use our cookies consent tool. See our Cookies Policy for more information.
- For our overriding legitimate business interests
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, making sure tickets get into the hands of real fans. As such, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property (e.g. our or our Event Partner's brands), fraud, or other crimes.
- Event security. To protect our fans and ensure the security of our and our Event Partners’ operations.
- Where you’ve given your consent
- We will use your data to contact you with information or offers regarding our upcoming events, products or services – this may be via email, via push and web notifications, or via SMS. You can change your marketing preferences at any time, see “Your Choices and Rights” section below.
- Location services. For example, our apps request location permission for functions like browsing events near your location and receiving push notifications about them or seeing yourself on the map at an event.
- Crowd management analytics. Some of our apps use crowd management software so we can see how many people are at a particular stage, or when the busiest times at the bars are. This helps us more efficiently allocate our resources. We turn this on shortly before the festival or event and turn it off shortly after so we’re not tracking devices when we don’t need to.
- Advertising and cookies. To deliver tailored advertising and marketing communications on our websites and apps (see our Cookies Policy for more information).
- Commercial Partners. We sometimes work with Commercial Partners who we share data with. These are third party data controllers that we work with to provide additional value-add services, such as our travel packages, sponsors or exclusive presale deals. In some circumstances, where sharing is not necessary for us to perform the contract you have requested, we will request your consent prior to sharing and provide information regarding what will be shared with whom.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH & WHY
- Live Nation Entertainment. Within the Live Nation Entertainment Group and associated family of companies who provide services for us such as marketing, profiling, reporting and technical and product support.
- Data processors. Our third-party service providers (sometimes known as data processors) such as cloud computing providers who provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built.
- Commercial Partners. These are third parties we work with to provide additional value-add services. As the Commercial Partners we work with varies between services, we use just-in-time information to let you know when data will be shared with them and that it will be processed in accordance with their privacy notice.
- Disclosures under law. Government agencies or other authorised bodies where permitted or required by law.
- Any successor to all or part of our business.
YOUR CHOICES & RIGHTS
Where you have given us your consent, you can withdraw it by doing the following:
- To stop receiving our marketing you can change your preferences within your account if you have created one, or follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of the emails we send you or contact us and we will do it for you.
- To opt out of location tracking and push notifications, you can change the settings on your device or keep your location off. To stop web push notifications, you will need to use your browser settings.
Where we have relied on a legitimate interest, you can object to it by doing the following:
- To object to personalisation you can change your preferences within your account if you have created one. If this option is not available, you can contact us and we will do it for you.
- To object to being contacted as part of fan feedback, you can unsubscribe through the mechanisms in the messages to you or contact us and we will do it for you.
You also have rights over how your personal information is used including:
- The right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us (where you have an account with us you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
- The right to contest any automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention which has legal consequences (e.g. credit checking). We don’t typically carry out automated decision making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such decisions are being made.
To exercise any of the above rights please contact us using the email associated with your account and the right you wish to exercise. Please note that whilst we will carefully assess every request we receive, your rights and the time frame for actioning a rights request may differ according to your place of residence and we may not always have to comply. When this happens, we will explain why.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR INFORMATION
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected.
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.
As a part of a global group of companies, we rely on shared services, some of which are located outside of Europe. At the same time, when world-class acts are touring, in order to provide you a seamless experience, your information may be transferred internationally.
When transferring information in this way, there are strict rules in place to ensure your data is still protected to a high standard. Where we do this, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place. Where your information is transferred outside of the European Economic Area, we will use one of the mechanisms listed below.
- Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission
- Binding Corporate Rules
- Binding Corporate Processor Rules
For more information, or to get a copy of the relevant documentation please contact us.
If you have any questions about the above, or our approach to privacy, our dedicated Privacy Office, including our Data Protection Officer, is here to help: email@example.com
There’s also your Local Supervisory Authority although we encourage you to try and let us help you first.
Last updated: 20.04.2022